We all are love to explore different food that can lift your spirit instantly with their simple flavors. We have one such desert named “Custard”. Custard is a classic dessert that remain a standout for its sophisticated yet mild flavor and its creamy texture. This is a British dessert packed with the calcium and protein. This low-fat dessert is made up with the mixture of milk, eggs and sugar in proportionate quantities. Here are some healthy custard recipes you can make at home in a different style.
Easy Healthy Custard Recipes to make at home
1. Fruit Custard
Fruit Custard is a tasty homemade custard that is cooked within 5 minutes and is a healthy dessert that is loved by all. Fruit custard is also known as fruit salad with custard. This delicious fruit custard is made at home is loaded with different fruits.
How to make Fruit Custard
- Heat milk in a pan, when milk comes to a boil, add sugar and mix well.
- Cook the milk mixture on medium heat.
- Meanwhile, beat vanilla, corn-starch, salt and milk in a large bowl.
- Add the lump-less paste to boiling milk with constant stirring.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes and switch off the flame.
- Custard cool down to room temperature. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Chop fruits like banana, mango, pomegranates, plums, berries, apple, pineapple and cherries to small pieces.
- Served fruit custard in dessert bowls and garnish with chopped fruits.
2. Caramel Custard
Caramel custard is traditionally very popular dessert with creamy caramel over silky custard and is quite easy to make at home. This is the favourite dessert for kids and easy to make.
How to make Caramel Custard
- Take quarter cup of sugar in a thick-bottomed pan. Add a few drops of water and heat till the sugar caramelizes. Then pour the caramel into a deep bowl or mould and let it settle by cooling.
- Now, heat milk in another bowl and add 2 1/2 cups of water in it. Break eggs into the bowl. Add half cup of sugar, vanilla essence and whisk the mixture gently till frothy.
- Add little warm milk over this mixture and mix well. Strain the mixture and pour the egg-milk mixture into the mould with the caramel. Cover with aluminum foil and place it in the cooker. Cover with lid and steam for 25-30 minutes. Do not use the whistle. Remove when done.
- Serve the custard turned out with caramel side up, either hot or cold. Garnish with stawberry.
3. Banana Custard
Banana custard is healthy recipe to make at home easily. This recipe is made with only 4 Ingredients and enjoy this custard.
How to make Banana Custard
- Peel bananas and chop it into small cubes. Mix sugar and custard powder in little milk.
- Boil rest of the milk for about 10 mins and pour over the above mixture.
- Heat the mixture till it begins to boil.
- Add vanilla extract and banana cubes.
- Garnish with nuts and serve it cold.
4. Dark Chocolate Custard
Chocolate is typically a delicious dessert that everyone loves and to make with chocolate is like double happiness. Enjoy the delicious Dark chocolate custard recipe.
How to make dark chocolate custard
- Take custard powder, cocoa powder in a bowl and add in 1/4 cup of milk and mix well. Set aside.
- Take milk and sugar in a sauce pan and bring it to a boil. Now add in the custard powder mix and whisk well. Whisk till creamy and thick. Remove it from heat and set aside to cool a bit.
- Now whip up some cream with confectioners sugar till thick. Add half of the cream in the cooled custard mix and fold gently.
- Spoon this into individual bowl and Top with the remaining whipped cream and sprinkle with the chocolate chips.
- Put this in fridge overnight.
- Slice and serve .
Enjoy these delicious custard recipes and don’t forget to give your valuable views in the comment section below.