We all want a toned, flat stomach. Many people are still depending on crunches to get it, but crunching is not the most effective abs workout. You can crunch until there is no tomorrow, but that is not enough to get your torso toned.
This is because with crunches, you are only really using one core muscle and even then you’re only using a portion of it, but if you really want to tone your stomach it’s important to target all the muscles of the core to get more defined abs.
Core exercises can strengthen and tone the abdominal muscles. These muscles are more difficult to shape. Typically, there may be stubborn deposits of fat remaining in the stomach area, even after you have lost most of your excess weight. If you want a nicely toned tummy, you need to take tummy toning exercises seriously. Here are 3 tummy toning exercise for beginners that will help to get a perfectly toned, flatter tummy.
Flatten Your Belly With This Killer Ab Workout
1. Jump Squat
Jump squats are the most effective toned stomach exercises can be done without equipment and simply use your own body weight.
How to do:
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Start by doing a regular squat, then engage your core and jump up explosively.
- When you land, lower your body back into the squat position to complete one rep. Land as quietly as possible, which requires control.
- Do two to three sets of 10 reps.
Make sure to use your whole foot to jump, not just your toes, and try not to let your shoulders lean out beyond your knees, as this can strain and injure your back.
Burpees, also known as squat thrusts, are one of the few equipment-free exercises that work your entire body and give you a great cardio-vascular workout.
How to do:
- Begin in a standing position with your feet together.
- Get down on your hands, and kick your feet back so that you are in push-up position.
- Do one push-up.
- Jump up into the air, keeping your back and legs as straight as possible.
- Repeat these steps as many times as you want.
3. Mountain Climber
Mountain Climbers are a best core exercise that get your heart rate up fast while also firing up nearly every muscle group in the body. It’s truly a fully body workout. It is also very accessible and you can perform them anywhere because they require only your body weight.
How to do:
- Assume a push-up position with your arms straight and your body in a straight line from your head to your ankles. Without changing the posture of your lower back (it should be arched), raise your right knee toward your chest.
- Pause, return to the starting position and repeat with your left leg. That’s one rep. Alternate until you’ve completed all your reps.
- Do 10 repetitions.