The voting process is started across the country. Recently the vote count in West Bengal suggests 48,650 seats in 3,358 gram panchayats and 9,217 seats in 341 panchayat samitis in West Bengal .
The polling for the seats in West Bengal was held on May 14.
* Ruling Trinamool Congress has won 133 seats out of 912 gram panchayat seats and the polling of these votes were held in Bankura district whereas BJP has claimed 80 seats and CPI (M) 15.
* In East Medinipur, TMC has so far won 446 gram panchayat seats out of 2,592 where polling was held. BJP has managed to win 26 and CPI (M) clinched 9 seats in the dictrict.
* In Barackpore sub-division gram panchayet, TMC has won almost 181 seats
* BJP wins 6 out of 22 seats at Dabgram Fulbari thus by makii8ng its cast in the voting
* In Bankura gram panchayat, TMC leads by 912 seats , thus BJP leading in 35 seats, Left Front leading in 19 and Independents in 3 seats.
* In Nadia gram panchayat, total seat were 3209 and Contest in 2690 seats, TMC -16,
BJP 0, CPIM 0, INC 0.
* In East Medinipur, TMC is leading in almost 200 seats.
* TMC has won 20 panchayat seats in Cooch Behar district
* Out of the total 31,814 that were contested for, TMC has won 110 & is leading on 1,208, BJP has won 4 & is leading on 81, while CPI(M) has won 3 seats & has a lead on 58. Counting in progress.
* The ruling Trinamool Congress was leading in 1,800 gram panchayat seats while the BJP and the CPI(M) were leading in 100 and 30 gram panchayat seats respectively, as per initial trends available at 10 am, SEC officials said.