Temperature is setting new records in summers every year. We don’t prefer to leave the comfort zone of our room for partying or even some work. The hot heat of summer can leave you feeling thirsty, dehydrated, exhausted. Counter dehydration with these homemade non-alcoholic summer refreshing drinks. These easy to make healthy homemade Indian summer drinks will leave you refreshed even in the scorching summer heat.
So,choke your thirst in a healthy, refreshing and tasty way by having these 5 refreshing homemade summer drinks.
Five Refreshing Summer Drinks to keep you Fresh in Summers
1. Lemonade or Nimbu paani:
Lemonade/ Nimbu Paani is the cheapest summer drink and is very effective in beating the summer heat.
How to make Lemonade:
- Pour the sugar and boiling water into a jug.
- Stir to completely dissolve the sugar into water.
- Place the jug of sugar syrup in the fridge to cool.
- While you are waiting for the sugar syrup to cool- squeeze some lemons.
- Strain the lemon juice into the jug of cooled sugar syrup.
- Add some cold water depending on how strong you like your lemonade and stir to combine.
- Dress your lemonade with some mint leaves, lemon slice and pretty stir to combine.
- Enjoy the fresh summer drink!
2. Aam Panna:
Aam panna is a very popular summer drink because mangoes are in season only for a few months of the year.
How to make Aam panna:
- Wash and boil the mango. Let it cool.
- Peel, mash and strain the mango pulp.
- Add cumin powder, crushed black peppercorns, black salt and artificial sweetener to it.
- Mix well till it is properly blended.
- Divide the mixture into glasses; fill it up with chilled water.
- Stir and serve this homemade drink that is healthy too.
3. Buttermilk or Chhaas or Lassi:
Buttermilk/ Chhaas is a digestive and soothing drink for the hot summer months.
How to make buttermilk/ Chaas/ Lassi:
- Whisk the buttermilk in a mixer.
- Add green chilies, cumin powder, salt, red chili powder and whisk it again.
- Blend it well.
- Garnish with some coriander and mint leaves.
- Serve and enjoy!
4. Watermelon Slush:
Watermelon- This juicy fruit is a summer treat in itself and its juice is the cherry to the cake. It has a lot of health benefits and it will leave you refreshed and hydrated in the summer heat.
How to make watermelon Slush
- Slice up the watermelon, throw it into a blender with some ice and sugar.
- Add some lemon juice and pinch of salt.
- Blend it.
- Serve this summer fruit drink and feel fresh.
5. Jal Jeera:
It is a spiced Indian cooling drink for hot Indian summers. Jal Jeera is a very famous drink in north India and it also helps in regulating digestion.
How to make Jal Jeera
- Rinse the mint leaves and also the tamarind ball.
- Blend mint leaves, cumin seed, fennel seed, black pepper, chat masala with 3-4 cups of water.
- Then strain through strainer.
- Add 3 or 4 cups of chilled water.
- Keep it in the fridge and serve the Jal Jeera chilled.
- Add some boondi and chat masala for garnishing.
- Serve it and enjoy!
So, hydrate yourself these summers with these easy to make natural homemade drink recipes and get refreshed with every sip.