The holy month of Ramadan has already started and it’s time to indulge into absolute devotion. Ramadan is the ninth month of the Islamic calendar in which Muslims, all around the world fast from sunrise to sunset. The fasts are kept throughout the daylight and meals are consumed only twice a day, before sunrise (Sehri) and after the sunset (Iftar). After a long day of fasting, the body gets dehydrated and the level of sugar gets low. So, Sherbats can serve as the best way to boost up one’s energy.
Refreshing Sharbat Recipes You Can Try This Ramadan
Boost your energy level and increase your metabolism rate with these 6 supper delicious and refreshing drinks to treat yourself with in the holy month of Ramadan.
1. Sattu Sharbat
Sattu Sharbat is a sweet delight that originated in the state of Bihar. It is also known for its cooling properties. This drink is full of nutrients, proteins and fiber.
How to make Sattu Sharbat:
- Prepare sattu flour by grinding 1/3 cup of roasted gram to a fine powder. You can sieve it or use as it is.
- Take a vessel, add sattu flour along with water and mix well. Add juice of lemon, crushed mint leaves, black salt, roasted cumin powder, black pepper powder and salt and mix well.
- Pour into glasses, add ice cubes and serve.
2. Lemon and Jaggery Sharbat
Lemon & Jaggery drink helps in clearing impurities from the body especially of the liver. Jaggery is low in calories and this sharbat has abundant of nutritional value.
How to make lemon and Jaggery Sharbat:
- Soak the jaggery in 2 cups of water.
- When it is fully dissolved, add lemon juice and black salt.
- Add 1-2 cup water according to your need.
- Serve chilled and add few ice cubes. You can add more gur to get sugar taste.
3. Watermelon Sharbat
During these hot summer days of Ramadan try a fresh watermelon sherbat that is quick and easy to make. Watermelon is full of water and it will leave you refreshed.
How to make Watermelon Sharbat:
- Combine watermelon, sugar, lime juice and 1 cup ice in blender until smooth.
- Serve immediately.
4. Pineapple Sharbat
It is impossible to say no to pineapples because it is refreshing and light. It gives you an energy boost that no other energy drink can.
How to make Pineapple Sharbat:
- Heat up the water and add sugar. Leave it on low flame till the sugar dissolves completely.
- Add pineapples to the water and boil till the water reaches its boiling point.
- Turn off the stove and let it cool.
- Blend the mixture and serve cold whenever required.
5. Badam Sharbat
Badam Sharbat is a healthy drink made with fragrant flavors of almonds, cardamoms and kewda. This drink will boost your energy level and its rich aroma is sure to lift up your spirits.
How to make Badam Sharbat:
- Soak badam in water for 8-10 hours and peel the outer covering.
- Boil sugar, water, kesar and elaichi powder in it and boil until one sugar syrup strand.
- Let it cool, then add some syrup to badam and grind it to a fine paste.
6. Peach Sharbat
Peaches are back in the market. This drink is healthy for diabetic patients. You can replace the sugar with honey in the sharbat to make it completely healthy.
How to make Peach Sharbat:
- Blend peach in a blender. Don’t forget to remove the seed.
- Strain it with the help of a sieve.
- Add the blend, sugar and the color to a pan and leave it to heat up on a low flame.
- As soon as it thickens, add citric acid (tatri) to it.