Can you imagine your life’s one day without internet ? I guarantee that majority of your answer will be a “Big No“. WiFi is the biggest support in that case . We may have other mobile data networks too, but most of us rely on our traditional WiFi connection. Sometimes it happens you get stuck on Authentication Problem on your Android WiFi? It doesn’t connect to some secured hotspot network near you?
Don’t stress much! You must be worried as ” How can I fix an authentication problem” Here we have some quick go to solutions to fix your day with your problem of fixing WiFi Authentication problem. Being a software product, Android OS have many technical shortcomings. The major problems with WiFi internet connection starts with such annoying issue of WiFi Authentication error.
Fixing Android WiFi Authentication Error Issues in 9 Easy Approaches
Approach 1: Reset your Router
- Turn off your Router so it is better to turn off your router for few minutes and restart it.
Note : Make sure you entered the pass-code correctly in your Router and the same in your device.
2. Select the forget network option.
3. Try to reconnect the same network and re-enter the password.
Note : some distance should be kept between you and the WiFi router until you are only getting a weak signal strength.
This approach will work in most of the cases, but if that doesn’t work don’t be disheartened, you still have other options to work on. And through this authentication error WiFi issue will be solved.
Approach 2: Modifying the Security Protocol
1. Click on ‘Add network’ option and then select your preferred options.
This approach is all about switching to a new network and connecting to it and thus act as WiFi fixer for android by following this approach
Approach 3: Verifying the WiFi Network name for Duplicates
- If you are mistakenly connecting to another wireless network under the same name with your Wi-Fi password, you’re obviously going to experience Android WiFi authentication problem.
- Renaming your wireless network (in the case of your private home network) so there’s no confusion.)
This approach could be one of the solutions to your problem as due to duplication we may be connecting to some other network and thus acting as authentication problem WiFi android phone solution
Approach 4: Altering the WiFi Configuration
- Route to the Settings on your Android device and choose WiFi option.
- Select the network that you want to access to and then choose the Modify network configuration in the pop-up menu that appears. Note: In some devices, this option will be named as modify network connection.
This approach of authentication error wifi can give a authentication problem wifi android phone solution and thus is helpful to tackle this matter.
Approach 5: Trying old Airplane mode by turning it “ON”
- In some cases, your mobile network could be interfering with the phone’s ability to connect to a network so turning on Airplane mode on your Android phone can be as a WiFi fixer.
This is trial method that you can work with in order to fix your WiFi Authentication error thus acting as wifi fixer for android in this case.
Approach 6: Deleting the Obsolete Files
- You need to download and install ES File Explorer on your Android device.
- Giving it root permissions if asked for.
- Going to Root explorer from menu.
- Go to /data/misc/dhcp/
- Deleting all the files present there.
- Rebooting the device and try and check if the problem is solved.
Note: This is for Rooted Devices Only.
This approach can tackle the authentication error occurred for rooted devices only.
Approach 7: Resetting Network Settings on Android
- Routing to the “Network settings reset” option in the menu.
- Press the “Reset Settings” button at the bottom of the page and wait while the process completes.
- Once completed, you can go back to the WiFi menu on your Android device and try connecting to the wireless network.
This approach of authentication problem while connecting wifi can solve the issue on
authentication problem wifi android phone solution and thus provide the solution.
Approach 8: Updating your Android Device Software
- Go to the Settings app on your Android device and scroll down to find the ‘About phone” tab.
- In the menu section, you will find a option named “System Updates”, or “Updates”, which will check the available updates for your Android device.
- Some Android devices, may have a separate System Updates tab in the Settings menu, or as an entirely separate app.
- If there is any software updates available, download and install them right away and reboot your device.
This way of how do i fix an authentication problem? can be solved through this approach.
Approach 9: Performing Factory Reset your Android device
- Go to Settings > Backup & reset > Factory data reset.
Note : All your data (video, audio, messages, files and more) will be deleted, so make sure that you back up everything up to the cloud server or to your computer.
In this article, these 9 Approaches is a quick go to fixation method in order to sort out the isse “WiFi Authentication Error” and thus either of the 9 approaches will provide to sure shot solution to tackle with the error.